Translate

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Starting point Aug 15, 2007



August 15, 2007



As you can see my hair was freshly cut like a boy's in August 2007. I was joining the navy at this time so I thought it would be the perfect time to go natural. I deeply regreted going natural because after 2 months when my hair started growing I just didn't know what to do with it. I couldn't put it in braids or get twist because it was way too short and to add to the nightmare I was in the navy boot camp and heading for 'A' school. I was out of luck! I wore a wig for about 5 months and then get braids when it was long enough.



April 2008


Finally, my hair started growing I was so excited. In this picture I had a textuizer at my hair ends. I was trying to grow my texturizure out. I got braids in April 2008 and kept redoing them until November 2008. I gave in and got a relaxer in Nov 2008 because I was very tired of doing my braids myself. My natural hair was very dry and difficult to comb. I remember spending about 15 hours taking my hair out, washing, deep condition and then rebraiding it. That was a killer for me because being in the navy I had to do it on my day off and the navy was always on the move so I had to give in and relaxed my hair. I honestly cried because I wanted natural hair, but it wasn't tangible because I'm stationed overseas and there is not much for black hair only the few selection on the navy base. Plus, there was no black salon only for Asians and whites and I refuse to let them put their hands in my hair.









This is what my hair looked like in Nov 2008. I took my braids out and finally decided to get a relaxer. Wow my hair has really grown since I shaved it in 2007. My ends are really breaking because the ends still had the old texturizer in it. I am working on healthy hair now.

No comments:

Post a Comment