Translate

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ayuruvedic (Indian powders & oil)

My wet measurement after washing with amla, brahmi and shikakai powders.
My starting point is August 7, 2009 so on August 29th, I'm going to take another wet picture measurement to see if my hair has grown. (wish me luck guys)
I've tried the paste but I didn't want to use a lot of powders to make the paste so I ended up doing the rinse instead. The night before I do my powder wash I oil my hair with coconut oil, amla oil, olive oil and shikakai oil to counteract the dryness of the powders. For the rinse
1) 1 teaspoon of amla, 1 teaspoon of brahmi and 1 teaspoon of shikakai.
2) Boiled 1 cup water and then added 1 and half cup of cool water to mix in the powder.
3) I rinse and massage my hair under water with just the oils in it for a minute or two.
4) Wash with half of the mixture that contains the powders, then I put a shower cap on and take a shower to allow the mixture to get into my scalp.
5) I rinse my hair then follow with the other half of the amla, brahmi and shikakai powder.
6) I also use the shikakai soap bar to wash the powders out. I then follow with suave conditioner to soften my hair. (the shikakai can make the hair dry so I follow with conditioner. )
When I was finish with the entire process my hair felt so strong. It had the type of strength that I've never felt before.
My regimen includes doing the rinse twice per week and a co-wash with the brahmi powder.
UPDATE PICTURE ON THE REGIMEN COMING ON AUGUST 29TH 2009.


My Indian powders and oil stash. These powders do not smell so good. The scent reminds me of grandma perfume, but a bit worse. Don't worry the scent won't stay in you hair after you rinse it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment