Translate

Friday, October 25, 2013

How I care for my natural hair.

It's been almost 1 year since my big chop and I am keeping my haircare routine as simple as possible. This is my weekly routine.

1. First remove hair from my the 8 plaits I keep under my wig next detangle it.
2. Spritz my hair with water to dampen it. Slather on whatever deep conditioner i feel to use then go under my hair dryer for 30 mins  or (Sometimes I just relax around my house with the conditioner on my hair for 2-6 hours)
3. Wash my hair only with a sulfate free shampoo then condition and rinse.
4. Towel dry my hair, then add moisturize and use a light oil such as grapeseed oil or sweet almond oil.
5. Re-braid my hair in eight plaits and let air dry.
6. Wear my wig for the rest of the week. 1 time per week I will undo my plaits and remoisturize my hair. Put the plaits back in and wear my wig for the rest of the week. On Saturday I will start the process over again.

Viola this is all I do to take care of my hair and my hair is thriving. I think this is simple.
I always deep condition on dry hair because I feel like my hair absorb more moisture and it makes my hair not further dry out when I shampoo my hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment