Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Molasses

Yes, I know molasses is food, but I use it on my hair. I use about 1 to 2 tablespoon in my deep condition mixture. I started using molasses in December of 2011 and I love it. The very first time I use it I could tell there was an increase softness to my hair. This has become part of my weekly deep conditioning procedure.
How do I use molasses? 
I use molasses by adding 1 to 2 tablespoon in my deep conditioner. I mix it up and then put the mixture on my dry hair. I make sure my hair is completely saturated with the product and cover my hair with saran wrap or shower cap depending on the mood. Then I proceed to deep condition under my hooded dryer for 30 mins. I then shampoo, condition and continue with my routine styling.

This is the molasses used
Grandma Molasses

I read that blackstrap molasses is better, but I couldn't find any where I am. I know that I can order it online, but I'll just wait until I get back to the states to go to a health food store. Whenever I find it I'll use it and make the comparison.

****Disclaimer I cannot attest to the fact that molasses darken the hair or blackened gray hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment