Translate

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Product Junkie Rehab update #1

Feb 24, 2012 I have counted all my hair products and I have over 120 hair products. This is is absolutely ridiculous! I had a mini beauty supply store at my house!

I feel like I only find 2 products that will absolutely be in my staple. It's sad that out of 120 products I have only  2 that will not live without. Don't get me wrong there are some stuff that I really like, but I think there is better out there. I feel like a lot of the products I have are just o.k and do not make my hair the way I want it to.
 So I came up with a game plan of curing my hair product addiction.
My plan is to use up a lot of my products, give some away and not buy anymore products until May 2012. I will only buy 5 products the max that I absolutely need. 


Today I went to the salvation army to inquire about a homeless shelter to give a way some of my products. I also let the lady know that some of them were used. She told me where the shelter was and I didn't know where it was so she took the box of hair products from me and will deliver it to the shelter because the salvation army is partner with the homeless shelter. So I gave 25 hair products to the homeless shelter and I gave away 12 other products to two of my friends.

So far I have gotten 37 products off my hands and I am still using up stash. I will update in another month and a half about all the products I have used up. I am on my way to be a recovered product junkie :)

1 comment: