Translate

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Natural Celebs Inspiration

My first and foremost hair inspiration is Yaya Dacosta because she has never had a relaxer and I admire her for that. She didn't fall prey to use a relaxer and love the way God made her hair. 




My second inspiration is Solange Knowles because she is brave to step out and embrace what she was born with in the face of opposition. When she went natural I thought she was stupid for doing that, but now I understand she started to accept herself the way God made her with natural hair; therefore she became my inspiration. Her smile just says 'Im happy, I love myself the way I am and I don't care what you think about me.'





My next hair inspiration is Janelle Monae. She is in a class by herself she is happy with her hair and she follows no one when it comes to her hair, (heck) she doesn't  even follow anyone on twitter. Her mom gave her a relaxer when she was smaller but grew it out once she hits 18. She sets her own style and she is confident.




No comments:

Post a Comment